Thursday 25 November 2010

Fluffy needs our help

Eight-year-old Fluffy had a lump successfully removed from his leg in September, but when his owner, Susan Smith, picked him up from the vet's, she immediately knew something was wrong: Fluffy's stomach had started to swell.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing," said Susan. "Fluffy's vet tried to expel the gas, but after five minutes he told me that Fluffy's stomach had twisted and he had only minutes to operate."

Fortunately, Fluffy's life was saved after a two-hour operation involving three vets, which caused Susan's bill to rocket to £1,519.94.

"I feel so lucky that we were at the vet's at the time," she said. "I still can't believe I have my boy."

Susan has spent the last few years battling breast cancer, which thankfully she has now recovered from. Susan's beloved Bullmastiff was her rock throughout her treatment, but being unable to work meant she couldn't afford expensive insurance premiums.

"I had six treatments of chemo and after each I was exhausted," said Susan. "Fluff would be lying next to me and I could see in his eyes that he knew I was unwell. I would talk to him and tell him I was going to be okay. After all that treatment, Fluff will not leave my side."



Susan found a job at Morrisons, but unfortunately the branch where she worked burnt down and her work hours have been reduced. Tailwaggers Club Trust has donated towards Fluffy's treatment, the PDSA has given £80 and Susan has paid £100. She would warmly welcome any help with the remainder of his vet bill.


To make a donation towards Fluffy's surgery, visit http://www.justgiving.com/tailwaggersfluffy/ or click the appeal box under the facebook panel to the right of this article or send a cheque payable to 'Tailwaggers Club Trust' c/o Dogs Today at our usual address.  
Fluffy in happier and healthier times

In the unlikely eventuality that we receive more funds than needed for this case we reserve the right to redistribute funds to other needy cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment